- Over fifteen years' experience as an accomplished Producer,
and Video Editor for television and film.
- Seven years experience as a video archivist managing, arranging, describing, and providing access to multi-media, online and archival collections.
- Currently, Manager of Digital Projects for the Archive of American Television. www.emmytvlegends.org
The Archive of American Television, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
Manager, Digital Projects and Business Development
- Manage over 2500 hours of digital video assets for this archive
featuring in-depth oral history interviews with legendary actors,
directors, writers, and other television pioneers.
- Developed the award-winning website and CMS; manage website
and social media updates (including Facebook, Wordpress, Twitter,
and YouTube); curate content.
- Produce interview shoots and performed interviews with Ernest
Borgnine, George Carlin, Dan Castellaneta, George Carlin, Diane
English, Buck Henry, Leonard Stern, and more.
- Recipient along with Archive staff, of the
2011 Writer's Guild East Burkey Award.
The American Comedy Archives at Emerson College.
Project Mangager/ Archivist
- Developed new digital media archive for comedy research, study and appreciation at Emerson College.
- Developed an oral history program and interviewed 60-plus leading legends of comedy including: Lewis Black, Phyllis Diller, Dick Gregory, Carlos Mencia, Bob Newhart, Dick Van Dyke, Jonathan Winters, Betty White.
- Produced, Directed, and Edited oral history interview shoots
and performed interviews.
- Managed and arranged the collections (including film, video, manuscripts, photographs).
- Supervised digitization of collection, developed long term plan for preservation and access.
- Researched fundraising sources, drafted Federal grant applications
ABC/ Igor Productions. Women, Fashion, and the Workplace.
Line Producer for Diane Sawyer’s independent production company.
- Supervised and was responsible for the budget, shoots, research material, and hiring of staff for productions.
HH Productions, Shooting the Messengers
Associate Producer/ Researcher
- Documentary about the reporters who covered the war in Vietnam.
Conducted all research, including archival footage-research
at NARA- MD. Negotiated stock-footage rights.
The History Channel /Two Roads Media, LLC. This Week in History
- Researched, wrote treatments, conducted pre-interviews, booked crews and travel for shoots, acquired and negotiated rights for all stock photos and footage for five separate, simultaneously produced segments.
Nickelodeon/ Duster Films. Blue’s Clues.
- Production Coordinator for the first season of this highly-rated, Nick Jr’s interactive animated TV show.
- Scheduled and booked talent, produced voice-over sessions, shot and edited footage for live “letter” segments.
WFMU Radio 91.1FM
Producer of the WFMU Record Convention www.wfmu.org/recfair
- Under my direction, this event become the second- largest
music tradeshow in the U.S. with over 125 vendors and 3,000
attendees over a 3-day event period in Manhattan.
Historical/ Narrative Documentary:
Urban Harbors Institute/ UMass.
The Boston Harbor Cleanup: Reflections on a Court Case
- Interviewed, Produced, and Edited this feature length documentary about the U.S. Federal Court Judge A. David Mazzone’s legacy: the landmark case of the Boston Harbor Clean up. (Final Cut)
- Interviewees included Senator Edward Kennedy, Former Governor Michael Dukakis, EPA director Michael Deland, and others. Premiered at Boston Harbor Symposium, 2005.
Oregon Public Broadcasting
(PBS). American Passages
- Assistant Director/ Editor for a 16-part multimedia, documentary series on American literature.
- Coordinated shoots and hired local crews. Negotiated rights. Music Supervisor.
The Greatest Generation II
- Assistant Editor on this Craig Leake production,
written and produced by Tom Brokaw. (AVID)
WGBH/ Firstlight Pictures.
- Production Coordinator/Assistant Editor (AVID) and Researcher for the award-winning PBS documentary The American Experience series on the Hoover Dam, written by Stephen Stept.
- Managed office, conducted all fact-checking, researched and acquired all stock footage, performed all media- logging, booked crews and arranged travel for shoots, negotiated rights, supervised interns, acted as sole liaison to vendors and clients, and edited segments on AVID.
The Typophiles, Inc.
Abe Lerner: A Life in Books
- Produced, Directed, Shot, and Edited this hour-long documentary about the life of this AIGA-award winning designer and bibliophile, commissioned by the Typophiles, a scholarly association.
- Featuring Martin Hutner (Past President, APHA), Joseph Solman (Artist & Founder, “The Ten”).
Trail of Dead: Home Videos
- Edited and Co-Produced this documentary-feature for the band
“...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead”, released as
a collector’s edition DVD on Interscope Records, 2005.
Rye Coalition: Rock n Roll Miracle
- Feature-length music documentary about the band Rye Coalition, five boys from NJ who have seen their band rise and fall from the streets of Bayonne to a Dave Grohl-produced Hollywood album. Released as a DVD accompaniment to Curses, their latest CD, on Gern Blandsten, 2006.
WMTW / ABC affiliate. Auburn, ME
- Editor for the 11pm nightly news. Wrote copy for on-air scripts on the weekend segments and assisted producer in fact-checking. Responsible for organizing archival footage library and its database.
- Co-wrote and received grants (including Andy Warhol
and NYSCA) for a special audio-visual presenter series in conjunction
with Smackmellon Studios. Events garnered press in The Village
Voice and the New York Times.
- Supervised all press and publicity, wrote press releases,
for multi-media events featuring artists such as Sonic Youth
and Fab Five Freddy and video artists such as Kevin and Jen
McCoy and Soundlab.
Writers Guild of America, East, Evelyn F. Burkey Award, recipient, 2011
Along with the staff of the Archive of American Television
Interactive Media Award, recipient, 2010
Along with the staff of the Archive of American Television for Emmytvlegends.org
Estelle Jussim Award, recipient, 2006
Honored with this award given to a graduating Simmons College GSLIS student who demonstrates great promise in the visual arts.
Simmons College, Boston
MSLIS, Concentration: Archives • 2006
Bates College, Maine • B.A. Philosophy • 1996
Recommendations available upon request.